Scholarship Program Eligibility and Instructions
The Land Conservancy of New Jersey offers two annual scholarships, the Russell W. Myers Scholarship and the Rogers Family Scholarship. You must be able to answer yes to ALL of the following questions in order to qualify.
- Are you a resident of the State of New Jersey?
- Are you a full-time student in good standing (at least 15 credits completed) at a college or university, pursuing a recognized degree in environmental science, natural resource management, conservation, horticulture, park administration, or a related field?
- Are you considering a career in New Jersey in an environmental field?
- Do you have a cumulative academic average equivalent to a 3.0 or higher?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions you are eligible. Please follow these directions carefully to submit your application.
- Complete the application form.
- Attach a resume or a separate sheet summarizing your work/intern/volunteer experiences.
- Prepare an essay of no more than 500 words stating what environmental issue you consider especially important or interesting and how it relates to your personal experiences and/or future goals.
- Obtain a certified transcript for submission with your application.
- Obtain two letters of recommendation – one community or business reference and one academic reference. (Please do not submit more than two letters.)
- Attend an interview in late May or early June if selected as a finalist.
The Land Conservancy of New Jersey
19 Boonton Avenue
Boonton, NJ 07005
* The Land Conservancy of New Jersey Trustees and their family members are ineligible. Employees and interns who have worked for The Land Conservancy of New Jersey within twelve months prior to the application deadline and their family members are also ineligible.