The Land Conservancy of New Jersey has a paid internship available in our Land Use Planning Department. The intern would be based at our Montville office for the day-to-day work. This can be either a part-time or full-time opportunity. The successful candidate will be expected to have a car in order to get to our office.
The Planning Internship involves writing, technical research, data analysis, and mapping; assisting with the completion of Environmental Resource Inventories, Open Space and Recreation Plans, Farm Plans and grant applications. Applicants should have expertise in Microsoft Excel and Word, and primary data research. Independent workers with organized and clear writing skills will excel in this position.
How to Apply:
This position is available immediately, and can extend through the 2018-1019 school year. This is a paid internship and The Land Conservancy of New Jersey can work with the intern’s educational institution to provide documentation of internship status for academic credit.
Please email your resume and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please.
The Land Conservancy of New Jersey
19 Boonton Avenue • Boonton, NJ 07005
The Land Conservancy of New Jersey: Internship Program
The Land Conservancy prides itself on the high quality, high caliber student that works with our staff on planning, acquisition and stewardship projects. For over 15 years we have worked with students with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Our interns are bright, passionate, engaging individuals focused on the environment and making our landscape sustainable and protected for future generations. Interns who have worked with our staff have gone on to leadership roles across the country working with state land preservation agencies, county planning departments, and private consulting firms designing greenways, neighborhood improvement projects, and master plans.
Since 2000 we have hired over 85 interns, from institutions throughout the country and from a diversity of majors; all with an enthusiasm for the outdoors and land conservation.
Communications and Development Administrator
The Land Conservancy of New Jersey is seeking an outgoing and creative individual with exceptional writing skills for the position of Communications and Development Administrator. Under the direction of the Development Director, this role will be responsible for overseeing a wide range of communications and development activities. An integral part of this position will be writing all content for print and digital media. The ideal candidate will have superior writing skills, a passion for land conservation, a can-do attitude, and a commitment to expanding the organization’s reach throughout the state.
The Land Conservancy of New Jersey is a nonprofit land trust based in Montville, New Jersey. To date, the organization has permanently preserved 25,000 acres. The position will be based in our Montville office which is located within a municipal park.
• In conjunction with the Development Director, develop, implement, and lead a vision for The Land Conservancy of New Jersey’s communications, public relations, and outreach strategies.
• Work with the Development Director, management team and program staff to write and produce all content for print and digital communications, marketing and fundraising materials.
• Create and maintain an annual Communications Plan and calendar.
• Strategize and develop new communications projects
• Work with Communications Manager to ensure all content is ready for layout and design.
• Oversee and guide the updating of the organization’s website
• Work with the Development Director on developing a strategy to integrate communications and fundraising programs.
• Develop a detailed knowledge of all of The Land Conservancy’s programs and development operations.
• Find the means to effectively communicate The Land Conservancy’s mission and programs to as wide an audience as possible.
• Assist the Development Director with event planning, grant management, and other fundraising related tasks.
• Work with the Membership Manager to coordinate membership development efforts at Conservancy events.
• Demonstrated superior writing skills including experience writing newsletters, press releases, and other fundraising related materials.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• A passion for land preservation and stewardship, and an understanding of a land trust’s essential role in the larger community.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Flexibility to travel locally as required in the performance of duties, a valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional night and weekend events.
• Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with staff, board members, volunteers, donors, and other supporters.
• Self-starter, able to work independently, and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
• Strong organizational skills and a disciplined approach to work and problem solving with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment under firm deadlines
• Experience with major social media platforms and websites
Founded in 1981, The Land Conservancy of New Jersey is a member supported non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and permanently protecting open space land and water resources in northern New Jersey. The Land Conservancy has preserved over 25,000 acres of land and has helped towns receive more than $229 million in grants to purchase and protect land throughout the state. Our programs are made possible through the generous support of our members, corporate partners, and local foundations.
How to Apply:
This role can be full-time or part-time for the right individual with a starting salary of $40,000 full-time. The Land Conservancy of New Jersey offers flexible work hours and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply please send resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to email@example.com The deadline to apply is July 31, 2018.
See www.tlc-nj.org for additional information. EOE M/F/V/D